Skip to content
Back to top
- Trees can be “touched with inimitable spirit.” -Mr. Elton (What a nut!)
- “If a woman doubts, she ought to refuse” [a proposal]. –Emma Woodhouse
- A man “may talk sentimentally, but act rationally- he knows the value of a good income.” -Mr. Knightley
- “If you cannot think of anything polite to say, you shall restrict your remarks to the weather.” -Mrs. Dashwood
- A typical “morning call” (social visit) lasted less than 15 minutes.
- “When one’s in company all time [in a public place] it is impossible to form a just impression [of someone].” -Jane Fairfax
- “What’s right to be done cannot be done too soon.” –Mr. Weston
- “What is the good of wealth and luxury where there is no true happiness?” –Mr. Frank Churchill
- “There is safety in reserve, but no attraction. One cannot love a reserved person.” -Mr. Frank Churchill
- “All young people will have their little whims…” –Miss Taylor (AKA Mrs. Weston)
- “Houses go from father to son, not father to daughter.” –Miss Dashwood (AKA Elinor)
- “A set of Irish melodies- that betokens true affection…” –Mr. Frank Churchill
- Many counties are called “garden of England”- Surrey, Kent, Isham, etc.
- “You mustn’t be an enemy to every marriage.” –Mr. Weston
- Some guys are fun to spend time with, but “not necessary for [your] happiness.”
- Some couples are “made to stand up together” [on the dance floor].
- Strawberries- the finest fruit in England!
- Great men can be eccentric.
- “Men have eyes- they torment us enough.” –Capt. Tilney (LOL- What a lil playa!)
<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: