– Katherine Hepburn was maid of honor at Vivien Leigh and Laurence Olivier’s wedding.
– She was a direct descendant of Britain’s King John (through one of his illegitimate children)!
– Some of Hepburn’s favorite actors are: Jeremy Irons, John Lithgow, and Vanessa Redgrave.
– She was tall among her peers, standing over 5’7″ tall.
– Lauren Bacall’s real name is Betty Joan Perske.
– Bacall is over 5’8″ tall; she started out as a model.
– After the death of long-time husband/co-star Humphery Bogart, Bacall married respected character actor Jason Robards.
– When Bette Davis arrived in Hollywood, the studio representative who went to meet her train left without her because he could find no one who looked like a movie star. (LOL!!!)
– Davis was married 4 times; she admitted that her work always came first.
– She was Welsh and Scottish.
– Judi Dench is only 5’1″ tall!
– She and Vanessa Redgrave were in the same class (year) in drama school.
– Dench is a Dame Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (just like close friend Maggie Smith).
– Claudette Colbert’s real name was Emilie Claudette Chauchoin; she was born in France and moved to the US as a 3 year-old child.
– She worked in a dress shop to afford drama classes.
– Colbert’s salary for It Happened One Night was $50,000. (Not bad!)